Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hi-Fi Cosmetics Nightmare 2010 swatches!

(Trying to get these in before Blogger disables image uploads for a while today.)

I actually managed to do neat swatches, you guys. :D (And then I accidentally applied all of these wet because my brush wasn't yet dry from washing it. Durr.) The lighting wasn't the best (it was a cloudy day when I took these pictures), but they still came out pretty good, I think.

Personally, I really love Spookshow, Lords of Salem, and Dark Carnival (which is weird, because I usually don't care much for blue shadows since I'm blue-eyed and it's really easy to screw up pairing blue shadows with blue eyes, but I think this one is going to be super-workable because of the dark grey-blue base), but they're all pretty wonderful shades. (And with the free samples I got, I love Punk Rocker and Silver Bells. Especially Punk Rocker. I'm going to have to look into getting a full-size of that one.)




Reaper: Dark grey with a hint of silver.
Phantom Traveller: Silvery-white shimmer.
Living Dead Girl: A very strange shade that's green/brown/gold. Looks completely different than it does in the sample bag.
Dark Carnival: Deep blue (with grey) with shimmery lighter blue.
Omen: Deep purple with shimmery lighter purple.
Spookshow: Shimmery saturated red.
This is Hallowe'en: Matte-ish black with orange sparkles (you can kinda see it in this swatch)
Rusty Axe: Brownish-red. Kinda like the colour of long-dried blood.
Creeper: Olive-y light green.
Lords of Salem: Wine-red. For some reason this doesn't really show up on the swatch, but it's close to the colour of red wine.



Lithium: Satin-ish BRIGHT blue.
Comeback: A softer, quite sparkly medium blue (this is one of the Rockstar shadows, which are more sparkly in general than the regular line.)
Silver Bells: Shimmery silver that leans dark grey (another one that looks completely different than it does in the sample bag).
Punk Rocker: Fairly bright fuchsia pink.

All applied wet.

Here's the shop. Go visit. :D

2 comments:

  1. Great swatches! I can't wait to get mine so I can pair up Creeper and Rusty Axe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Heather: Rusty Axe and Creeper are really nice shades! :D

    ReplyDelete