Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shiro Cosmetics swatches! :D

So. Shiro Cosmetics. What can I say about this place that hasn't been said? Adorably geeky products, crazy good service (I was not expecting a convo note on Etsy stating when she was going to ship it out - which was the next day), cute packaging (the little red bag it comes in! :D). Some of the prettiest satin shades I've seen. Basically made of win all around. Don't know why it took me until now to get around to trying them out. But they are AWESOME. :D

And swatches (even though Anastasia's are much better. Damn you camera and utter lack of natural light. DAMN YOU. *waggles fist*)





Vulpix: reddish brown. Satiny.
Charmander: bright light orange. Satiny.
Boomerang: Medium wood brown/kinda bronze-y. Lightly shimmery.
Bulbasaur:* Medium green, leans turquoise. Satiny.
Rupee: Lightish medium green. Slightly shimmery.
Triforce: GOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. Metallic.
Clefairy: Medium soft pink. Slightly shimmery.
Temple of Time: Light silver/gold mix. Shimmery. Kinda sheer.
Link: Deepish green. Satiny.



I redid the entire photo because I hated the original swatch photo, and now it goes from yellow to pink? Arg, camera, ARG. And Ganondorf still ran away. I don't get it. At least you can now see the orange sparkles in Pikachu! Master Sword is blurry because, well, every. single. shot of it was blurry. I don't even know how it's possible.

Pikachu: Bright yellow with orange sparkles. Slightly shimmery
Master Sword: Light gold/brown. Shimmery.
Hearts: Red. Red red red. Matte.
Kokori Forest: Medium green. Satiny.
Octorok:* Red-orange-brown. More red than Vulpix. Matte.
Mew: Pink, leans coral-ish. Satiny.
Brock the Rock: Medium/deep reddish brown with sparkles. Satiny/matte.
Ganondorf: Black - with a touch of red. There are supposed to be red sparkles in there too, but the camera hated me tonight I don't even understand why. Matte. With sparkles. Seriously. Sparkles are there. Or at least, they're supposed to be.

(* denotes that these were included as free samples.)
(And yeah, all of the descriptions on the Etsy site are far better than mine. My brain, she has been on the fritz for a few days now. ._.)
(Everything was done over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. You can kinda see where the matte shades didn't want to play so nice with it.)

I basically like all the colours, but my favourites would have to be Mew (SO PRETTY. SWATCH DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE), Kokori Forest (perfect leaf/elfin green), Triforce (GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD) and Master Sword (even though it looks like a brown smudge there - it isn't. It's very very pretty).

I should also note that as far as I can see, everything is colour-accurate to the characters/things they're referring to, which I really rather love. :D

Whee.


(Little note on the second of the swatch pictures - the weather is getting bad up here, and I don't think we've seen sunshine in four or five days now. And this is how it's going to be for the next... oh, four or five months. Hooray for Newfoundland winters. Rawr. So, yeah. That second swatch picture is from me trying to mess with white balance. It came out clear - barely - and I still had to do a little bit of brightening up of it in Photoshop, but it's the best I could do with how the weather is, and I imagine that all of my swatch pictures for the next few months are going to be the same way. Natural light is going to be rare these days. Hope you all understand.)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatches! I haven't tired Shiro yet, but these colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shiro! But sadly I've barely featured them on my blog ;~; I need to pick up Triforce, I'm such a fiend for golds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ The Peach: You should try Shiro - their eyeshadows are wonderful! (And the sample sizes are quite substantial.) :)

    @ SilhouetteScreams: Triforce is a gorgeous gold, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it. :D

    @Phyrra: Seconded. :D I love that it's also nearly exactly the same shade that the Triforce is in the games.

    ReplyDelete