Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hi-Fi Cosmetics Art Saves collection!

So, I actually made these swatches like... over a month ago. And I don't know why I haven't gotten around to it until now. :/ (Wait. I think finding that I got bad shots of a lot of them may have had something to do with it. I had to redo one hand of swatches completely.)

Anyway. Hi-Fi Cosmetics' Art Saves! collection. I like nearly everything in the collection. I'm generally not a big fan of neutrals - I own very few of them, but they have their uses (balancing out a brighter shade, making an entire look a bit more softer, for days that you just don't want to bother doing too much with makeup, stuff like that). If you like neutrals, this collection will probably be for you. All of the colours remind me of the finishes on electric guitars, actually. (And my descriptions today are awful. Whoo.)




Glass Memories - metallic champagne
Beast Untamed - bronzy-brown
Vae Victis - medium not-as-matte-as-it-looks-here brown
Religion of Resistance - metallic brown-gold. Looks more gold in real life.
Covet Retribution - reddish-not-all-that-matte brown with sparkles
Anarchist Alliance - metallic kinda-red
Sanctuary - metallic pink
Ash and Agony - metallic olive
Storm of Thorns - not-quite-that-matte dark turquoise (this one is probably the sheerest of all the shades)



Magic Spell* - shimmery medium/light blue
Tell Me Lies* - shimmery butter-yellow
Pussycat* - magenta pink/purple (reminds me a little of one of the Urban Decay shadows... Fishnet, maybe?, at least from the swatches I've seen, I don't own UD's shadow)
Suicide Trees* - blackened teal green (reminds me of a more-fuller green version of Fyrinnae's Japan)
Drowning in Atrocities (for some reason, this ended up in a seperate group. I must've run out of space) - sparkly blue-ish grey/purple

* denotes free samples.
All swatches done over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, and Auto-Levels was used in Photoshop to clean up the yellow/orange-y lighting my camera gives to many photos.

Oddly enough, my favourites are Beast Untamed (just bought a full-sized! It reminds me of a softer version of Aromaleigh's Aurelie) and Glass Memories, and Sanctuary's getting up there, too. I also recently bought one of the lip glazes for this collection - Riot Gear (which is a multi-sparkle red), so I'll swatch that whenever I get it.

Also, Lady in a Tophat did swatches of this collection a long while ago, and I like hers better, but there you go.

EDIT: 2011/02/15: Reuploaded all the swatches. Monitor difference made me find that some of the original photos look just fine and I've been switching those in. Those that didn't got redone with new swatches (did you know that I have swatched this collection more than I've actually used the colours? O_o Seriously. It's ridiculous.)
Also, the new one is small because I am a derpface and forgot to switch settings before it was too late.

4 comments:

  1. Glass Memories and Sanctuary are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these swatches are gooorgeous. Magic Spells and Drawing in Atrocities are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    You won a blog award :)
    http://whatleirayannloves.blogspot.com/2011/01/thank-you-so-much-muackkk.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Phyrra: I always forget just how pink Sanctuary is, and Glass Memories is such a lovely champagne!

    @Lady in a Top Hat: Drowning in Atrocities is really unique! Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it's a nice shade. :D

    @Leira: Aw, thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete