Friday, January 21, 2011

Meet Gallifrey.



That would be my new computer. :D (Also, hello awkward reflection of me being awkward. And the mess on one side. xP Sorry about that. And I was watching Supernatural when I took that shot.) :D It's part of the reason why I've been missing for a while - I keep forgetting that I don't have everything I used to use installed on Gallifrey here (including the fonts I used to use for the graphics on this blog!), and I'm still working on that.

Anyway.

Stuff! Right, there's stuff.

First off, I got this little blog award from Leira Yann. Thank you! :D


So, apparently, I'm supposed to say seven things about me. Um. 'Kay. Let's see.
1. I am a university dropout. I was initially going to do linguistics, then it became English, and then it was very nearly English with a minor in History. It took me an extraordinarily long time to realise that I am utterly awful at writing essays, for one thing, and that it was very unlikely I was going to get a job remotely relating to anything that wasn't teaching (and I am not a good candidate for teaching). So I quit after two years, and started at a trade school (we just call it college over here) afterwards.
2. When I play video games, I tend to get completely wrapped up in it (which is why I often start babbling about my Pokemon progress on Twitter), and will often play for days on end. I have only finished two games ever, however, in my life. I often get half to three-quarters done and give up/get distracted by something else.
3. I am an unabashed lover of genre fiction. My favourites are fantasy (specifically in the urban fantasy realm... if you hadn't noticed by what I've reviewed here already), and romance, and sci-fi and horror are a bit lower down the list.
4. I am a very very wordy person (as any of these blog posts will prove). I am actually not chatty at all in real life, however.
5. I have never lived outside my province. And Canada is a biiiiig place, so I wouldn't even know where to start.
6. I have far too much tea around. I keep forgetting to drink it, however. I do love the stuff. Just... I'm forgetful. I am very absent-minded at times.
7. I really only like the in-between seasons, spring and fall (especially fall). Winter is too cold (ice. How I despise, loathe ice. Don't care for snow much either, but it's the ice that I can't stand. Probably because I have injured myself on it and no one's created magical ice melting boots yet) and summer is too humid.

I'd do a list of other bloggers to do this meme, but I've seen it going around for the last week or so, so I think almost everyone's been tagged already at least once!

And of course, the list of upcoming things!
  • Swatches of: 6 NYX Round lipsticks and 2 NYX Girls lipglosses; Morgana Cryptoria lipstick and eyeshadow (just one of each). I've had to wait because I of course got a breakout right near my mouth last week, so swatching that isn't the best idea right now. It would've been done earlier otherwise.

  • Reviews of: OHWTO Christmas scents (I really need to get this one up first because well, they're soon not going to be available); Arcana scents
  • ; maybe a few brush reviews, since I have some from Coastal Scents, Quo and Ecotools.
  • Book reviews. Uh... whenever I get around to actually writing them? I've been in something of a reading slump, and half of the time, can't be bothered to pay attention to a book lately (even though I'm almost forcing myself to, because I've got a lot of books out from the library, and I hate bringing them back without even opening them).


So. Yeah, that's as much as I can think of right now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment