Monday, May 9, 2011

Silk Naturals swatches!

And hi. You know one thing that's really super-useful to have if you're a beauty blogger? Batteries for your camera. Oh, yes. This is why I haven't been posting for a while - I put my batteries on my charger, and someone (don't know who. Maybe it was the fairies) made off with them, and I only got new ones a few days ago. So, there you go.

Anyway. I finally got around to doing these! These are swatches of Silk Naturals' dupes of the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I always kinda wanted the Naked Palette, since I was lacking in neutral shades and thought it'd be a good way to add to my collection. And then it was never in stock for like four months at Sephora. I was happy that SN decided to dupe the shades. :D


It's a lot bigger if you click the picture!


Scout - bronzey-medium-brown. Metallic.
Colt - almost-dark brown. Satin.
Restless - semi-sheer light yellow-y brown. Metallic. (This one is more of a highlight shade on me.)
Caliber - semi-sheer light gold. Metallic. (Also more a highlight shade on me.)
Blue Steel - pearly deep blue/grey/black. Pearl.
Stag - medium brown. Matte. (I am also forever calling this one Buck, which I think is the UD shade that it's a dupe for.)
Magnum - black with silver sparkle. Matte + sparkles.
Action - medium brown. Satin.
Bare Back - tan brown. Matte.
Loaded - pinkish brown. Metallic.
Saddle Up - medium brown. Metallic.
Trouble - semi-sheer champagne. Metallic. (Also-also comes out as a highlight shade.)

Er. Yeah. That's a lot of medium browns listed, but they're not quite dark enough to be considered "dark brown", and they don't really fit under light, so that's where they're going.

I actually have no idea how close these are to the originals, since I have never seen the Naked Palette in the wild. But I overall like the shades, so it's okay. :D

All swatches done over original Urban Decay Primer Potion, using a Quo Smudger brush. No flash. Natural light.

My personal favourites are Blue Steel (it's a blue! That I actually like and that actually looks decent on me! Never thought I'd see the day that would happen!), and Bare Back, which while it's kinda boring, it works for a really nice and simple lid shade.

Each shadow is $4 USD, but you can also get them in a set for $36 USD.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great collection! I wish I would have picked these colors up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore Scout and Restless.

    ReplyDelete